Sunday, June 7, 2026

This is the way my mind works... sad really

 So I was reading this interesting/gross story about these giant hissing cockroaches they confiscated in Australia. And yet at the end, only one thing stood out. I will let you read - and then the highlighted section.



And as I read, I am processing. For instance, when I read they were worth $142,000 - I think. 

Wow, that is only $1.42 per cockroach. I wouldn't raise a cockroach for a buck and a half. I wonder where the break-even is? Would I raise a hundred of them for $142, no? I mean I guess you have to get above 10,000 of them before it starts to feel like real money. So, you don't really scale up this operation from 2 cockroaches. You've got to start with a bunch.

And then they are warning pet owners - I think.

I assume they are talking about pet owners who use these big-ass cockroaches for food. But, let's say you have a snake, do you really think about where the bugs as food come from? Is there some sort of seal of approval for bugs? Can't you probably buy at least 2 domestic roaches for the same price?

And then my mind says...

Speaking of price, I wonder if that is US or Australian dollars. So, I look it up. Suspiciously, $1 US = $1.42 Australian. So was this really $100,000 in the article and someone just converted it. That is lazy

And then I read that all the cockroaches will be euthanized. And I think...

How do you "euthanize" cockroaches? Take them to a child's party and let all the little kiddos crunch them? Then my mind is full of this image (and I can use AI to share it).




1 comment:

  1. There is no good reason to breed any kind of cockroach....eww!

    ReplyDelete

The view from the Dells

 The Wisconsin Dells are generally thought of as nirvana for the mini-golf and water-park set. Now, there is nothing wrong with being the ca...