| Ed and the Birthday Girl |
I have long wanted to see the famed Dollywood. At first, it was the promise of the unknown. A land where big-breasted women of the South would fraternize with the mullet-haired men of the Midwest. Where southern hospitality is challenged only by the deepness of the southern drawl. The one place in the south where I thought my LA accent would not be scorned.
And I was right. Dollywood is a land where we put aside our differences to eat deep-fried food of all types, watch glass blowers do their thing, ride roller-coasters, and hear Dolly songs played over the speakers AND sung live at shows.
It was a kick.
| Kay, me, Lynn, and Eddie. |
Dollywood may not be the Happiest Place on Earth, but it was definitely the happiest place we visited. It just has a nice, happy, and sweet touch, without being too saccharine.
| Me, at 67 years old, about to fly around on a dragonfly roller coaster. |
| It was there food and flowers festival. |
No comments:
Post a Comment