Friday, June 19, 2026

Well, this went south quickly

 I am smiling here. I read advice columns because they often make me laugh. And they often make me feel better about myself.

I particularly like the advice ones about children, because nothing - affairs included - riles up couples like children. I saw this today, and I loved it. The answer is boring, but the question shows a family having issues talking.

Dear Care and Feeding,

My wife “Nikki” and I have a daughter, “Amber,” 9, and a son, “Adam,” 4. We relocated to our current city in March for my work. Amber is rather shy and has trouble making friends as a result, so we were very pleased when she hit it off with a classmate, “Serenity.” The issue I’m dealing with is that my wife has a hair up her ass about the fact that Serenity’s parents just had a pool installed and didn’t tell us. Nikki thinks that their failure to inform us of “the hazard” is a major violation of trust and doesn’t want Amber to be friends with Serenity anymore. Amber is in zero danger of drowning. She’s not a toddler and was on the swim team for our community pool back in our old city. My wife is insane for wanting to cost our daughter a good friend over nothing, right?

—Pool Problem

No, not that kind of hare up her ass


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Odyssey

 Well, we saw The Odyssey yesterday in IMAX. It was fine. Which is sad; it might have been amazballs. Here are my positive criticisms: It wa...